Wednesday 21 August 2013

Surprised by the Maybelline Dream Pure 8-in-1 BB Cream!

Ever since Australia got on board the BB cream train, it seems as if every brand here has released their own version of it and to be honest, most of them are pretty much glorified tinted moisturisers. I've tried pretty much all of the BB creams available in the Australian market and the good majority of them are oily and just don't sit well on my face. I've also found that I sit between shades for most BB creams. The light shade is always too light and the medium shade is always too dark and most brands here will only offer light or medium. To sum it up, I basically hate (most) BB creams.

Maybelline Dream Pure 8-in-1 BB cream
So when Maybelline launched their new Dream Pure BB cream for oily skin, I was really tempted but I decided against it as I thought it'd be a waste of money. Luckily for me, Ingrid from In Glossy Beauty got one in her Her Fashion Box subscription and she knew that the shade she got (Medium) would be to dark for her so she was gracious enough to offer it to me (Thanks Ingrid!).

Remember how I said that I hate BB creams? Well this is the exception... I was honestly so shocked when I used this that I even contemplated buying a backup. This BB cream contains 2% Salicylic Acid which is why it's aimed at people with oily skin. I have combination skin and I normally need to blot or powder during the day as my forehead can get quite oily. When I wear this BB cream, I've noticed that my forehead isn't quite as oily but my skin just looks dewy (as I don't set it with powder).

One thing you do have to keep an eye out for with this BB cream is that it's quite light in colour. Medium matches me absolutely spot on whilst Medium is every other BB cream I've tried has always been too dark. For reference, I'm currently a NC25 and I wear Laura Mercier's Silk Crème foundation in Bamboo Beige and Dior Diorskin Nude foundation in Beige 30.

Not sure why my arm had weird dent marks!
It provides a light coverage so I still definitely need concealer for the really pesky Mount Everest style pimples but it will cover the majority of my acne scarring. I waited until I had a breakout on my cheek so that I could take comparison photos for you. After all, there's no point showing you the coverage of the BB cream if my skin was looking good as you wouldn't be able to notice any difference. The photos below will show you the coverage it gives on my cheek when I'm having a not so good skin day.

Left: No makeup on
Right: With Maybelline Dream Pure 8-in-1 BB Cream
You can see that whilst the BB cream covers up redness, it doesn't cover up really gross pimples. I kind of expected that as BB creams only provide light coverage. I'm sorry that you had to be subjected to my gross break out haha but it was the only way to properly show you the coverage level. While you can see a lot of bumps on my skin on the photo on the right, it's not so noticeable in person. Camera's always pick up every imperfection don't they? :P

Whilst I wear a full face of makeup for uni and for work, I'm quite reluctant to do my makeup to go down to the shops on my days off. But like anyone else, I still want to look slightly presentable so this is my go to product to cover up the redness in my face. It's an absolute dream to apply and blends really well. It's such a light product that it really does look super natural.

I seriously STILL can't believe that I like this... I'm sorry that I ever doubted it! I could've missed a gem if it wasn't for Ingrid's generosity! The biggest reason as to why I like this BB cream is the feel of it on my skin. It doesn't actually feel like I'm wearing anything and if I touch my face, it's smooth, not tacky like other BB creams.


9 comments:

  1. I didn't even consider this because I hated the original but this one sounds alright. I'm still looking for good coverage so I'll probs give it a miss :) Glad to hear you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really like BB creams either... somehow they just don't work for me? But I have tried the formula of this one (on my hand) and found it to be pretty good! Glad it works for you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems to be getting good reviews! I spent a good five minutes staring at it yesterday when I was in Priceline, it was under $10 I think with the 50% off Maybelline sale...I was tempted but I, like you, am not a huge fan of BB's! Glad to see that you found a BB cream that you didn't hate lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually hate BB creams too, but I'll definitely have to give this a try! The coverage is surprisingly good, and I've also got slightly oily skin so hopefully it'll help with that. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a BB hater too! I'd be tempted to try this after reading your review. Love when brands and products manage to redeem themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. After reading this, I actually went out and picked myself a bottle!
    I'm surprised at how "light" the shade Medium is! Perfect for my skin tone as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad to hear that you liked it:) It looks so good on you, a perfect skin tone match. Enjoy X

    ReplyDelete
  8. does the shade medium match your skin undertone very well? I bought the one in light but it was waay to pink for me !

    ReplyDelete
  9. it was a wonderful chance to visit this kind of site and I am happy to know. thank you so much for giving us a chance to have this opportunity..
    Best BB cream for Oily Skin

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...