Tuesday 1 October 2013

September Favourites!

I seriously can't believe that September is over and we're less than 3 months away from Christmas! I'm super excited for Christmas and I'm already planning a post about what to buy for the significant people in your life so keep an eye out for that around November/December. Feel free to leave a comment on this post if you'd like me to include ideas for specific people (e.g. boyfriend, best friend etc).

So for the whole of September, I reached for the same products over and over again. They've worked so well for me that I haven't felt the need to use anything else.


September Favourites!

1. Giorgio Armani Designer Lift Foundation SPF 20 in number 5 (warm beige) (AUD$90): I bought this a few weeks back and I've used it every day since. It's a very runny fluid that can be built up to a medium coverage. I was sold this as a "full coverage foundation" which it actually isn't and it doesn't cover my acne scarring. I like that even when you build it up, it still looks natural and not cakey. The colour is a perfect match for me too (I'm between NC25-30 in MAC terms).

2. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Powder in number 5 (AUD$88): I bought this at the same time as the foundation as I really need to set my foundations for them to last all day. It is a tad too light for me as I'm quite heavy handed when I use it so I'm on the hunt for another powder but this was a staple in September.


Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Powder and MAC Duo Lash Comb/Brow Brush

4. MAC Duo Lash Comb/Brow Brush (AUD$13): This is a travel friendly lash comb and brow brush.  I carry it everywhere with me as I always sleep in and end up doing my makeup on the train to work or to uni. I only use the brow brush end though and it's really efficient at combing my brows before and after shading them in.

5. MAC Eyebrows in Lingering (AUD$30): I've been using this brow pencil all year and I'm onto my third one as I seriously use it every day. A MAC sales assistant recommended this one for me and it's a tad too light but I can get away with it. It makes my eyebrows look more soft than sharp and defined (which I prefer) although I'm looking at buying a darker one soon.


Left to Right: MAC Eyebrows in Lingering
and Bourjois lip crayon in 

6. Bourjois Color Boost Lip Crayon in Peach on the Beach (AUD$15): I really put of buying this lip crayon as I already have SO MANY lip crayons and I rarely get a chance to use them. However, I bit the bullet when Bourjois went on sale at Priceline and I picked one up for 25% off. It's a gorgeous peach colour that pulls a bit pink on my lips. It's super glossy and really smooth. However, the one that I got was already a bit broken and the top part of the lip crayon completely snapped off and then I left it in the car last week and my boyfriend found it completely melted :( I was so devastated and I was freaking out that I wouldn't be able to replace it as I'd bought the last one from my local Priceline. I ended up running to the city Priceline store after uni and I luckily found another one!

I'd love to know what your September favourites were (link me your blogs if you posted about it!) or if you've tried any of the things I listed in this post :)


9 comments:

  1. Oooh I really want that brow/lash comb!!

    I've been using the Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk Foundation ever since I purchased it a few weeks ago, and I've been loving it. It doesn't keep my face completely shine free, but it's close enough, as it's so light. I should really blog about it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your review on it! I'm dying to get that foundation now :P

      Delete
  2. Ooh that lip crayon looks so pretty Jen :) xxx Connor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving it too! It's such a gorgeous peachy pink :)

      Delete
  3. Looks so amazing, lovely favourites ^^

    I'd love to try that foundation looks so high end with that sleek packaging.


    恵美より ♥
    www.emi-doll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try that Armani foundation! It look so luxurious and amazing :) xx
    http://fromfilmwithlove.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bourjois lip crayon looks really nice! Wow that's an expensive powder xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it's expensive... too expensive :/

      Delete
  6. I have heard SO many things about that Bourjois lip crayon in Peach on the beach. Agh, I totally do not need it at all, but will I end up with it? Absolutely :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...